I have the philosophy that art is meant to be seen and not hoarded. My licensing policies are thus designed to balance the costs that go into creating and sharing my images with the desire to provide inspiration through our images on the internet and around the world.
I allow the use of my images in two ways:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to David Kingham and davidkingham.com must be made along with the image
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- Blog Post describing a trip to Colorado
- Online article discussing night photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of my images is allowed only if expressly granted by David Kingham. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. My fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries; please contact David.
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a non-profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
This work by David Kingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.davidkingham.com/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.davidkingham.com/licensing.
© 2009-2017 David Kingham. Some Rights Reserved. None of the materials on these pages – digitally-embedded images or text – are part of Public Domain. All are protected by United States and international copyright laws, including the Berne convention; If you have any questions or want information on usage, fees, and similar images, please contact.